x : Unknown

Poetry as History. History as Catharsis. Catharsis as Poetry.

Buffer Overload


Oh I remember

I was your angel
You were my babe

Now you take your scalpel to my tumorous memory
(loads of anaesthetic)

Do you remember

I was your angel
a shooting wailing star
You were my babe
a buried precious treasure

Now I grind like grit in a stained alcohol glass
(where's my refill?)

Hair on end a charged human battery
less than a man and more
drained and hungry malnourished
a woman known and unknown
deknown
misknown?

beach-smooth pebble and edge-hard shell
roar-snapping fire and sleek-whisper sheets
another lens to my memories
sketches to hold
protect and model a future work

Can you remember

I was your angel your sweet sweet angel
You were my babe my darling darling babe

I still remember